Saturday, March 27, 2010

A little video inspiration for you now. If you've never heard of Jan Svankmajer he's a stop animator who indulges the viewer in surrealist moving visuals which confuse your mind as well as intrigue you with their mystifying storyline and beauty. I have a dvd of his short films at home at the moment, which i took out of the library to help me think up gorgeous, surreal ideas for future films. Below is one of his short films called 'Meat Love'. It makes me feel all warm with romantic ideas and then sad about the ending! I guess all good things must come to an end.



Another inspirational piece is the Smirnoff Vodka 'Be There' advert. It relates to my work so much in terms of dressing up as characters and using outdoor environments and transforming them with my protagonists as places of escapism.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails